Sunday, November 13, 2011


Impact of Affirmative Action on My Future College Applications

Well, when the time comes for me to apply to colleges, I know that my only choices will probably be UCO, OU, or OSU. 

UCO: There is no discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, handicap, disability, or status as a veteran on any area of the university.

OU: All persons are able to enter, study and advance in academic programs on the basis of merit, ability, and potential without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability or status as a veteran.

OSU: OSU provides equal employment and educational opportunity on the basis of merit and in a manner which does not discriminate because of an individual's race, gender, national or ethnic origin, color, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation or veteran status.

Also, other colleges that I have looked at all have equal opportunity policies that ensure that applicants are chosen based on merit and qualifications rather than sex, race, religion, etc. In general, I think that affirmative action will not affect my admission to whatever college because as a Pakistani / Asian, I will not be considered as a minority compared to blacks, Hispanics, etc. I think that Pakistani's in America are not considered as under-represented minorities as compared to blacks and Hispanics, so no matter where I apply, I do not think affirmative action will play any part in my admission. 

No comments:

Post a Comment