Sunday, November 13, 2011


My Opinion on Affirmative Action 

After all the above research, from my findings I can now form an opinion on the policy agenda and decision making of government institutions related to affirmative action. I believe that without affirmative action programs, minority representation would decrease even more. From the statistics I have found and read, many studies show that minority representation is already way less than majority representation. There were statistics that show that blacks, Hispanics, and women earn lower wages, make up more of the unemployed, and more. So, if there are no affirmative action programs, then what will happen to minorities? 


Specifically in Oklahoma, I believe affirmative action is necessary because of the increasing rates of minorities in Oklahoma, such as black, Hispanics, and even Asians. Affirmative action will be needed to ensure minority representation in Oklahoma. Because I am a minority citizen living in Oklahoma, I want to be guaranteed equal representation for me, my family, and my community.  

No comments:

Post a Comment